I have been making YouTube videos for a while now, but I only recently announced my decision to start vlogging seriously and published my first vlog almost immediately. With my vlogging career set in motion, now I’m looking to monetize my YouTube channel. Before now, monetizing a YouTube wasn’t that big of a deal, but that isn’t the case anymore. Now for a channel to be eligible for monetization, it needs to have amassed a cumulative 4000 hours of watch time and gained 1000 subscribers within a 12-month window. Which is why I’m here.
As at the time of writing this, I’m at 3371 watch hours and 638 subscribers. I need to log 629 more watch hours and gain an extra 362 subscribers. Undeniably, it looks so much like I’m really close. But, in reality, I’m so far away, as my 12-month window closes in the first week of August. So, to help me successfully monetize my YouTube channel, these are some of the things you can do.
Watch Me Explain These Steps In Person By Watching The Video Below, Article Continues Right After The Cut.
HELP INCREASE MY WATCHTIME
This one is targeted more towards those of you with access to unlimited internet, either at home or at work. You can be of help by helping to increase my watch time. To do this, all you need do is;
- Go to the playlist section of my YouTube channel page.
- Select whichever of the playlist interests you and hit play.
- Mute the video so the audio doesn’t distract you while you work.
- Put the playlist on loop so you don’t have to bother about playing the playlist over again.
- Minimize your browser and continue with your work, or open a new tab if you have to use your browser.
- Get back to crushing whatever it is you do while the playlist continues playing in the background.
This way, I can easily and speedily amass the required hours needed to monetize my YouTube channel.
HELP INCREASE ENGAGEMENT ON MY VIDEOS
The second way to help me monetize my YouTube channel is to increase engagement on my videos. To do this, all you have to do is;
- Hit the like button whenever you watch my videos.
- Endeavor to drop genuine comments, tell me what you like, and what you don’t.
- Share the videos with friends and family on social media if it interests you.
What this increased engagement does is it tells the YouTube algorithm that people find my videos interesting. This will push YouTube to increase the visibility of my videos. That means my videos will appear more in the suggested videos and related videos panels. And, you’ll agree with me that with increased visibility comes a higher chance at success.
SUBSCRIBE (IF YOU AREN’T ALREADY)
The third way to help me get my channel monetized is to subscribe – for those of you that already aren’t. Subscribing is easy, free, and not time-consuming… Lol. If you’re interested in subscribing at this moment, just click this link and confirm your subscription. Thanks. Also, don’t just subscribe and move on, convince your friends, acquaintances, and family to subscribe too. If possible, threaten them to do so… Lol, I’m kidding, please don’t do that.
So, from the above, it’s plain to see that I can’t do any of this without your help. Now, more than ever, I need your continued support and I trust you can help me make this happen.
Thanks for reading, once again. Remember…
Live. Love. Laugh.